All About Me

Foto saya
Patisserie-enthusiast. Crazy about foods, not boys. Akuntansi Manajerial Politeknik Negeri Batam.

Selasa, 12 November 2013

Classic Grilled Cheese


I love cooking, baking and of course eating. From now on you'll find some of my post about those three. I'm not a professional chef, nor is someone who always cook in the kitchen. I just want to share what I know, that's all.

I love playing The Sims too. I learned a lot about English (language), habits and tradition of American, and FOODS! From there I knew that American often eat grilled cheese for lunch. What is grilled cheese? Whether it is real or not I don't even know. And as usual I google it, find many things about grilled cheese. You can google it too :p . Like I said before, the American take it for lunch. And me? Nooooo there's no way I only have bread for lunch. I'm Indonesian. Bread is just for breakfast, or snack. Blah blah blah I talked too much I'm sorry.


This picture really interesting. The ingredients are just bread, butter and cheese. So I tried to make some in roasted way (using oven), not really grilled using pan or skillet as usual.

At first I prepared the ingredients. Voila!
- Slices bread (the Morning Bakery bread)
- Butter (Elle & Vire unsalted butter)
- Cheese (Kraft cheddar cheese)


How to cook:
- Preheat oven over the medium heat.
- While waiting for the heat, butter one side of a slice of bread, add grated cheese. Repeat with remaning slices of bread, butter and grated cheese.


- Now you ready to put it into the oven. Place the bread-side-down gently onto baking sheet. Place the baking sheet on top of it as well so no need to flip through the bread.


 - Roast in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and the cheese melted (yeah it took longer time to melt the cheese).

- Based on my trial and error, after 20 minutes I took out the bread from the oven and the cheese didn't melted. I put it back into the oven and waiting for another 10 minutes. The bread is perfectly done, but the cheese just melted slightly. I don't want to put it back again, so I just eat it with wondering why the cheese didn't melt properly.



I assume maybe cheese that I used was not suitable for a grilled cheese. American use cheddar cheese also but kind of melted faster than Kraft cheese made ​​in Indonesia. So maybe next time I'll choose Mozzarella cheese or anything cheaper, like Kraft quick melt cheddar cheese.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar